Sunday, March 1, 2009

High Speed Low Drag


Every boy dreams of it and every guy thinks it's the coolest thing they've seen. Heck, the even make movies of it. Well that one thing is a S.W.A.T. team and I'm excited to say I've officially been appointed a spot on our department's METRO S.W.A.T. team. This is another exciting chapter in my career, let alone my life and it's been a spot I'd been hoping for the day I was hired. Just so happens on of our K9 officers is a S.W.A.T. operator and is leaving the team after 12 yrs of service. I passed a physical test and an interview with team leaders in order to be recommended to the Chief who ultimately decided ya or nay. I've already begun training with the team which consist of 6 other operators, one of whom is an Explosive Ordinance Disposal (E.O.D.) teach and liaison with the Department's Bomb Squad. METRO S.W.A.T. consist of operators from UIPD (my department), Champaign County Sherriffs Department, Urbana Police Department, and Rantoul Police Department. I am slated to attend formal S.W.A.T. school in May for 10 days here at the U of I's Police Training Institute.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bobby! Congratulations! This is so your dream! I've been thinking of you today because of Unofficial St. Patrick's day. Good luck out there!