Tuesday, October 6, 2009

So we apologize for not keeping up with our blog. I think the kids and our awesome jobs keep us going in so many directions that the blog gets overlooked some times. I will recount some things that are going on or have happened recently.

Reese has been potty training and doing an amazing job. Holly got her hands on a 3 day intensive potty training course through others in the Relief Society. It consists of 3 days where the child has no pants on and you follow them around waiting for them to tell you when they need to go. Reese was starting off on a good foot as she already had been telling us when she was going or had just gone and woke up in the mornings dry. So thanks to Holly's mom, Linda, who took Reese for the weekend and got things going. I won't lie, there were a few accidents, but not that many. She's in panties and loves it.

I have had some crazy things happen at work. I'm currently wearing a brace on my right ankle after I tore up a tendon after jumping out of a parking garage (10-12ft up) to the side walk in order to break up a domestic between a couple on the 16th of September. I'll be scheduling an MRI tomorrow as it's failed to get better in all this time.

Just after that I had a run in with two students after work. I mistakenly veered away from my normal route home early one morning and a student knocked my passenger side mirror off. When I got out and confronted him and his buddy they got a little physical. Even after identifying myself as a police officer and showing them my ID they attempted to flee the scene and fight me in the hall ways of their residence hall that I followed them into. they got away but I had an idea of who my offender was due to eye witnesses. When I came to work at 4pm I was mad and ready to get these guys. The offender happen to run into me in the hallway and now that I was in uniform he was promptly arrested. His buddy and him spent that night in jail and added to their criminal charges, they are being dismissed from the university.

This last Saturday we had a home football game. They are pretty big events with a stadium that holds 63,000. After the event a Sergeant and myself were questioning a guy and girl over some damaged property when the girl tried to walk off. The Sergeant told her to stop and when she didn't he went after her. Her brother (the male) reached out to stop the Sergeant and I quickly grabbed him and pulled him away to tell him laying hands on a police officer was a no no. He shoved me and the tussle was on. He spent the night in jail and if the pattern holds then I assume he'll be dismissed from the university as well.

We've gotten our projector up in the basement. We are no really utilizing this area and it's awesome. Watching Texas football on 100 inches of High Def DLP is like no other. We all watched the cartoon Monsters vs. Aliens last night for Family Home Evening and it was cool. I got to warn you though. Once you go projector....any flat screen seems small and you'll never go back. Just need some decent theater seats now. I'll put some pictures up soon.

3 comments:

JasonDebbie said...

That sounds really exciting to rough up the college punks out there--way to go officer!:) I am jealous of your projector, and youre right, once you go Hi Def you never want to go back, and i'm sure I'd feel the same way with a projector.

Jesskingsford said...

I have to admit, I'm a sucker for your cop stories Bobby. Can't wait to be with you guys in San Diego!

Jenny and Jared said...

Wow Bobby, that's pretty Bad A--. More cop stories, please! Kid stories are good too, I guess.
-Jenny