Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Do you play with snakes?



So, many of you know about my side hobby/business. Yet I bet there are few of you who have seen some of the creatures living here in the wild kingdom known as our home. Although very inactive, snakes do require some maintenance. Today I was cleaning the big kid's enclosures as it seems all of them conspired to go the bathroom at the same time and yes it can get raunchy. So as I was letting the animal safe disinfectant dry I took a couple outside for a photo shoot. Now these kid's are all 6 feet or more and tame as puppies. Would I let the chihuahua around them...only if I really wanted to get rid of her without anyone knowing. I'm kidding of course (as Maggie runs under the bed...haha).

I have a total of 30 snakes at the time being. Normally though it's 7 but we did have a litter born in March of 25 boas and I've received a new one in trade for one of those babies. In addition I'm expecting about 4 or 5 more new snakes or different ages when it's all said and done to be able to offer a variety of different boas to those looking for a huggable and cuddly reptile. You can see most of my boas on my crudely constructed web site at dbboas.com. Soon we'll have a new site which thankfully I had nothing to do with so it's 10 times better.

No comments: