Monday, May 14, 2007

It's Monday and no school!

So finals are over with and I find myself with a lack of things to do today. I finished the semester of 21 credits with 5 A's and my usual B, and for the third consecutive time I'll see my name on the Dean's List. Holly has worked out schedule for both of us to manage both businesses, my gym time, and Alyssa. I've been given the green light not to work this summer if I can take care of the house and the little one. Hopefully, I am the man for the job.

Speaking of jobs. Just got back from the mail box and I got a letter from the University of Illinois Human Resources Department. As many may know I've tested with the U of I police department last month and then had an oral board interview last week. Well drum roll please..................It says I am currently ranked 2nd on their hiring list! What does that mean. Well, using my experience with the Champaign police department it runs like this. For Champaign 400 tested and only the top 100 passing scores from the written test move on to a physical abilities test. This is a pass or fail test and should you pass then you go on to an oral board test. This board in both cases was 3-4 individuals of some importance or another and they ask several predetermined questions. At this point a list is generated with the individuals accumulative scores for the written and oral exams. With Champaign PD I am 7th out of 100. A few differences in the U of I testing; we took the physical abilities test first to weed out the weak. I killed the run which was a mile and a half and my age group had to do it in under 13:46. I told myself I was going to do an 8 minute mile but my legs thought they were back on the track at Kingwood High running for the Mustangs and I ran a 10:12 with very little effort. A little more than 70 should up for that and later that day there was somewhere in the 40's for the written exam. If you passed the written you were assigned a time for the oral board which like I mentioned was this last Tuesday. Unlike Champaign though we were given 5 minutes at the beginning for an oral resume or as I like to think of it a brag session. And bragging is what I did. As you probably assumed I did have to tone it down a bit to fit all of my many accomplishments in to five minutes. I don't know if this score reflects the board interview as the letter only mentions the exam so we'll see if I stay at the same rank or move up to #1.

While we were out I snapped some pics of Alyssa playing at the playground. Can't get mail without an hour lay over on the swings and the slide. Take a look at her hair. It's still trying to find it's identity and if you have any suggestions we are open to some new looks.

No comments: